When launching Supernova on a Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7 workstation, where Supernova is installed locally to that machine, the above error message is displayed. Pressing ENTER to reboot does not correct the problem.
Please note: This article relates to installing Supernova onto a single PC workstation. If you are attempting to launch Supernova through a remote desktop session, this error may also occur. In this case please contact Dolphin Product Support for a solution.
If you receive the above error message some manual installation steps may need to be performed.
To do this:
1. Navigate to the Supernova installation folder. By default this will be:
2. Copy the file named "dolvideo.dll" to the clipboard.
3. Paste this file into the following location:
4. Reboot the machine and try and launch Supernova again.
If the error still appears following a reboot, take the following steps:
1. Open the Start menu and choose All Programs > Accessories >
2. RIGHT CLICK on "Command Prompt" and choose "Run as Administrator"
3. In the command prompt window, navigate to the Supernova installation folder, by default this is:
4. Run the file named "dolcompinst.exe" with a /force switch command:
5. Reboot the computer when prompted.