After plugging a Dolphin Pen into a Windows 7 computer, the Startup sounds are played indicating that Supernova is going to open. Immediately afterwards, the closing down sound is played, and Supernova does not open. No splash screen is displayed.
This may happen if for some reason the "Dolphin Cbar2" service is not running, or is not set to start automatically. You need to ensure to service is both running and set to automatically start.
To do this:
1. Press WINDOWS KEY + R. The "Run" dialog box opens.
2. You are placed in an edit area. Type in the following:
3. TAB to the "OK" button and press ENTER. The "Services" dialog box opens.
TAB into the list of Windows services. Use the UP and DOWN ARROW keys to locate the service called "Dolphin Cbar Service 2".
4. Press ENTER. The "Dolphin Cbar Service 2 Properties" dialog box opens.
5. TAB to the "Startup Type" list box and use the UP and DOWN ARROW keys to select "Automatic".
NB: Ensure the "Startup Type" is set to just "Automatic" and NOT "Automatic (Delayed Start)".
6. TAB to the "Stop" button and press SPACEBAR. This will stop the service.
7. TAB to the "Start" button and press SPACEBAR. This will start the service.
8. Press ALT + F4. This will close the "Dolphin Cbar Service 2 Properties" dialog box.
9. Press ALT + F4. This will close the "Services" dialog box.
10. Unplug the pen and plug it back in. Supernova should now load.