Whilst trying to convert any input document into any alternative format, you receive a message “Conversion Failed” with an error code 16007 when attempting a conversion on an Acer computer.
Some Acer computers pre-install a custom add-in into Microsoft Office called “Acer CloudStorage”. This Microsoft Office add-in is used to save Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents to Acer's cloud storage service
This Microsoft Office COM-based add-in interferes with EasyConverter’s conversion process by throwing up a Microsoft Word “Save As” dialog box in the middle of the conversion process (at the point where EasyConverter attempts to create the intermediate document). If you cancel this dialog box, or even choose a “save as” location, it will result in EasyConverter displaying a “Conversion Failed” (ERR_CC_SAVE_FAILED) error (error codes 16007 – 16009 depending on the output format you’ve selected in EasyConverter) and the conversion will fail.
To resolve this problem you will have to disable the Acer Cloud Storage add-in from within Microsoft Word. To do this:
- While EasyConverter is not running launch Microsoft Word.
- Click on the File tab (Word 2010/2013) or the Office button (Word 2007).
- Choose “Options”.
- In the “Word Options” dialog box choose “Add-ins”.
- Select "Manage: COM Add-ins" and click the “Go...” button.
- In the “COM Add ins” dialog box uncheck either the “Acer CloudStorage” or “abDOC”add-in.
- Click the “OK” button.