What is EasyReader Premium?
EasyReader Premium is a subscription that unlocks Premium features in the EasyReader Apps. This article provides help for using Premium features in the EasyReader Apps.
Choose a topic from the list below for help using a Premium feature:
- Reading accessible books on different devices
- Opening files from Google Classroom or Microsoft Education
- Signing into EasyReader App for Mac
- Adding students to an Education Subscription
Please note: The features listed in this article are only available for individuals and educators who are subscribed to EasyReader Premium. If you do not have an EasyReader Premium subscription, you can find out more by visiting www.YourDolphin.com/EasyReader-Premium.
Reading accessible books on different devices
EasyReader Premium enables you to continue reading your accessible books when you sign in to the EasyReader App on a different device. Here is an overview of the data that EasyReader Premium securely stores and when the data is synchronised across devices.
What does EasyReader store?
When is this information stored?
The location of books that have been downloaded from an accessible library.
A book will become available to read on different devices when:
· a new book download is complete, or
· an existing book is opened in the Reader.
The books themselves are not stored. EasyReader Premium remembers the library that each book was downloaded from, so it can be downloaded on a new device by selecting it in the My Books list.
Reading positions on each book downloaded from an accessible library.
Reading positions are stored when the ‘Pause’ button is pressed in the Reader, and when exiting a book and returning to the My Books list.
This means you can continue reading each book from the position that you were previously reading.
Bookmarks that have been added to each book downloaded from an accessible library.
Bookmarks are stored when you exit the book and return to the My Books list.
EasyReader Premium also stores any text notes added to each bookmark.
Text that you have added to the ‘My Clipboard Texts’ feature.
Clipboard texts are stored as soon as the text is added to My Clipboard texts.
Libraries which you have enabled in the Side Menu.
The library list is stored as soon as a library is enabled or disabled in ‘Manage Libraries’ list.
Your login credentials for the accessible libraries that you are signed into.
Your login credentials are securely stored as soon as you successfully log in to a new library. By saving login credentials, you only need to sign into a library once to browse the collection on any compatible device.
Please note: EasyReader is currently not able to store login credentials for the following libraries: RNIB Reading Services, Blind Low Vision New Zealand, Google Classroom, Microsoft Education.
Reading preferences including text font and colours.
Reading preferences are stored when you exit the book and return to the My Books list. This means when you open a book on a different device, your preferred fonts and colours will be applied.
Whilst lots of reading preferences are synchronised across devices, some preferences are set based on the current device. For example, your preferences for text size may depend on the screen size of the device you are using.
Opening files from Google Classroom and Microsoft Education
EasyReader Premium enables you to sign in to a Google Classroom and Microsoft Education account in the EasyReader App. Once signed in, you will be able to browse files which are supported by EasyReader and open them in the Reader.
To sign into Google Classroom or Microsoft Education in EasyReader:
- Open the EasyReader App. Ensure you are signed in with an account that is linked to an EasyReader Premium subscription.
- Select the ‘side menu’ button at the top left of the screen.
- Choose ‘Google Classroom’ or ‘Microsoft Education’.
- Enter your Google Classroom or Microsoft Education login credentials.
Once you are signed into Google Classroom or Microsoft Education, you can browse the folders and files available in your account.
If Google Classroom and Microsoft Education are not listed in the side menu, you can enable them using the following steps:
- Select the ‘side menu’ button at the top left of the screen.
- Select ‘Manage Libraries’.
- Select ‘Google Classroom’ or ‘Microsoft Education’ to enable it. The services will now be displayed in the side menu.
- EasyReader will only display files which can be opened in the Reader. A list of supported file formats can be found in the EasyReader App help.
- When using Google Classroom, EasyReader will only display files which your teacher has added as “Material” in Google Classroom. EasyReader will not list assignments, quizzes, topics or conversations.
- When using Microsoft Education, EasyReader will only display files which your teacher has added as an “Assignment” in Microsoft Education.
Signing in to EasyReader App for Mac
EasyReader App for Mac is exclusively available for people who are subscribed to EasyReader Premium, or are members of the MTM library in Sweden.
To use EasyReader App for Mac:
- You can download EasyReader App for Mac from the App Store.
- Sign in to the app using an account which is linked to an EasyReader Premium subscription.
Adding students to an Education Subscription
An Education Subscription to EasyReader Premium enables teachers and school administrators to add eligible students to their subscription. Once a student is added, they will be able to use premium features in the EasyReader App.
To add eligible students to your Education subscription:
- Open the Dolphin website YourDolphin.com
- Select the ‘sign in’ button and enter the Dolphin Account credentials used for administering your EasyReader Premium Education subscription.
- If you are already signed in to the Dolphin website, this option will be labelled “Account”
- Choose EasyReader Premium
After you choose EasyReader Premium, your Education Subscription Status page will be displayed. This includes:
- Information about your subscription, including the expiry date and the number of students that are included in the subscription.
- Options to add eligible students to your subscription so they can use Premium features in the EasyReader Apps.
There are two options for adding students to your Education Subscription, providing flexibility to add students who are new to EasyReader as well as those who already use it. Students can be added using either method, or a combination of both.
Option A: Register your school or college email domain.
This option is ideal if you have students who already use their school or college email address to sign in to the EasyReader App.
After you register your school’s email domain, all students who sign in to the EasyReader App using their school email address will automatically be added to your Education Subscription and be able to premium features in the EasyReader Apps.
Please note: Using this method, students will need to sign out of EasyReader and then sign back in to be added to your Education Subscription.
Option B: Create student logins
This option is ideal for students who either do not have a login for EasyReader, or for students who have a login for EasyReader which is not based on their school or college email address.
Student Logins can be created on an individual basis, or you can upload a CSV file to create multiple Student Logins at once.
Once Student Logins are created, you will need to share the username (and optional password) with your eligible students. Students can use these logins to sign in to EasyReader and benefit from Premium features.
Please note: Students who have a login for EasyReader which is not based on their school or college email address cannot be added to an Education Subscription. To add these students to your subscription:
- A Teacher can create a new Student Login for the student, or
- If your school has registered their email domain (see option A), your student can create a new Dolphin Account based on their school email.
Online training for teachers and school administrators
For further help with managing an Education Subscription, Dolphin has made an online course available for teachers and school administrators. To take the course, visit: https://learn.yourdolphin.com/easyreader-premium-for-educators-course.