For computers in a public environment (e.g. a public library), Dolphin have introduced 'Library Mode' which removed the requirement of a Dolphin Account and added an automatic file clean feature after the system is idle for a period of time.
Note: Feature only available in EasyReader Windows 10.05 later and requires an active subscription on EasyReader Premium Education.
Note: This article is intended for IT staff that are responsible for deploying EasyReader Windows onto computers on the network.
Disclaimer: Dolphin Computer Access Ltd. cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk. Before attempting the following, create a backup copy of your Windows Registry and a system restore point. Failure to do this may result in a non-recoverable system.
To enable 'Library Mode' on a computer with Dolphin EasyReader installed:
- Open the registry.
- Go to HKLM\Software\Dolphin\EasyReader\
- Create a DWORD key with the name "libraryMode" and give it the value "1".
- Create a DWORD key with the name "cleanup_timeout" and give it a value in minutes for the time period of inactivity. E.g. add the value "10" for start clean up user data after 10 minutes of inactivity.
- Start EasyReader Windows.
- The product activation dialog show now be displayed after the splash screen.
- Press "Unlock now" and use your 15 digit unlock code you received by email when you purchased Premium Education. Follow the instructions on screen.
- Close EasyReader Windows.
- The computer is now ready to be used in Library Mode.
EasyReader will continue to function in Library Mode for the duration of your subscription to Premium Education.