A recent Microsoft Update to the WebView2 component used in GuideConnect has caused the accessibility to no longer be enabled in the browser which affects the accessibility of websites and HTML emails
GuideConnect users with a premium plan (or version 1.25 and later) will need to restart their machines twice to obtain the fix for this issue. The initial restart will force GuideConnect to look for and retrieve the fix, the second restart of the device will ensure that the fix is applied to the device. After following these instructions the accessibility of web content should be restored.
GuideConnect users on version 1.24 or earlier will need to either upgrade their GuideConnect to a later version, or apply the fix manually as follows:
- Exit GuideConnect so that you are in the Windows environment.
- Press WINDOWS Key + R to open the run dialog box.
- Type the following and then press ENTER: sysdm.cpl
- Press CONTROL + TAB to navigate to "Advanced".
- Press ALT + N to open "Environment Variables".
- Press ALT + W to create new System Variable.
- For the Variable name enter the following: WEBVIEW2_ADDITIONAL_BROWSER_ARGUMENTS
- For the Variable value enter the following: --force-renderer-accessibility=complete
- TAB to the OK button and press ENTER to apply the change.
- Restart the device to complete the fix.